Bizzy Body: Hard Selling Outlet Manager

The Bad Experience I had Today:
Today I had an experience with this Chinese manager, Miss C who had replaced the current beauty salon manager of the Bizzy Body (The "so called' Slimming Expert) outlet that I am currently patronizing. It's the time of the month, where I presume that perhaps the HeadQuarters are pushing their outlet managers to reach their sales quota but this is no excuse for such behaviour from a Salon Manager.

Miss C kept insisting that I convert my current service package that I am using to the one she had in mind., which was a "so-called" promotion by their company. Guess how much is that amount?

Amount To Convert:
RM3,000.00! WHAT? Does she think that money grows on trees?

She was hounding me from the second week I started with her (I've only done only 5 days out of the 25 days that I was eligible to). So I've got a total of 20 more days my treament credits to go. Plus two more facial credits.

Miss C's Faux Paux:

Miss C had the gall to say that whatever in "black & white" that Kelly (the previous manager who is a Chinese) has written for me will be the one that Miss C will continue prescribing to me. Whereby, what Kelly had done was, that was for the recording purposes "in black & white" for the HeadQuarters to see, but she as Manager could do as she deemed fit to help me achieve my outcomes.

There are some key areas where she had done wrong whereby,

1) She critisized the past work of past staff when they had not done anything wrong, is just really wrong. It gives a bad impression to clients of her as a Manager.

2) Taking the reassurance out of customers for a past purchase will only deter them from patronizing the service provider in future. It makes them feel that they have made an unwise decision in making that transaction.

3) Not honouring the promises that were given by the previous Outlet Manager. Does that mean that your company's representatives can't deliver its promises?

Further, she stated that in order for "results to show" from the services that I had purchased, I will have to "top-up" on it, so that it will be GUARANTEED. RIGHT.

From previous experience, according to Kelly, she had said that the terms "Guaranteed Assurance" means that the client must be willing to "listen to the beauty consultant's recommendations", in which according to this blog author's translation means:

"to further invest financially" in paying more for "further expensive un-necessary so-called-complementary-merchandise-which-may-or-may-not work". Which could cost the customer a freaking few more Grand in Ringgit Malaysia.

What Miss C Should Have Done:

The biblical words of " A House that is Divided Will Not Stand" comes to mind.

1) She should have been more FLEXIBLE & "looked further to the BIG PICTURE", by playing along with what Kelly had done, stating that what Kelly had decided was the best option during that time, but they had come up with a better alternative scheme "along the way" to help the customers.

2) She should have taken the path of converting my "unused credits" to more "viable options" that would help me achieve what I had set out to do sooner, rather than "threatening" the client. By doing so, it would have left the client with a more satisfying solution.

As they say, a "satisfied customer" will bring in more leads (which will translate to more sales).

My Best Solution to Manage this Scenario:

I had a good mind to report her to the HeadQuarters. But what did I finally do?

I wanted to see what she will do next. So, I just IGNORED her and told her she can do whatever she wants to do, gave her a nice smile, & walked out of the salon.

In future, I will just ignore her suggestions, since Miss C has just lost my trust as a "trustworthy Manager". Yes, and I might drop a word with her company's HQ after all. I want to see what else she would do from now....

Comments

Popular Posts