Delicacy Beauty & Spa: My First Visit.

Right, it's been days so this review is due.

It was with much trepidation when I entered the Delicacy salon on Monday. But I was much  pleasantly surprised.

AMBIENCE
The room was not the style ala 128 Faubourg of Malaysia, but rather a more plain brown vanilla version. Although I do wish... but it's just not happening with Sothys in Australia any time soon. :P

I was surprised the centre does not put out advertisements for the "seasonal" facials on the entrance, but apparently they do within the rooms. Perhaps it has to do with marketing & licensing, but I would not know.

FACIALS
I chose the $60 Intense Facial - which includes cleansing, exfoliation, steam, extraction, face, neck, shoulders, hand, head massage, mask, and day cream. It also includes eye waxing(not plucking/tweezing), but no shoulder massage.

I know its the norm in Malaysia to include shoulder massage for most facials, with inclusion of eye brow shaping, but in Australia, that is reserved for the more expensive ones.

THERAPISTS
The salon is staffed majority with therapists of chinese background, some speaking Mandarin, and some Cantonese. The therapist who worked on me was formerly working with another Sothys partner salon in the city, which was a pleasant bit of reassurance.

POST-FACIAL
Like any salon one goes to, there comes the product recommendation at the end of every facial.

As I had combination, yet sensitive to the touch skin, the range I was recommended for use in Winter was:
- Hydra Protective Softening Emulsion
- Immuniscience Fluid (light texture)
- Carte & Confort Light Cream (yes, its spelled Confort!)
- Clarte & Confort Concetnrated Serum
- Clarte & Confort Mask

The ongoing Promotion the store has :
Deluxe Facial (70 mins):
- includes cleanse, exfoliation, steam, extraction, face, neck, shoulders massage, hand, head massage, free eyebrow,
- 2 x mask + Ampoule (Serum for Special Treatment).
Price: 10 times treatment - AUD690. RRP per treatment not in a package ($72)
Validity: 6 months for 6 Facials, 12  months for 10 Facials. 

SUMMARY
I've tried a number of skincare brands whilst I was still in Malaysia, and out of all the brands, it was my experience at 128 Fauboug which was the most pleasant, and effective.

The fact that this salon utilizes *ONLY* Sothys skincare products is also another contributing happy  factor. I've had experiences with partner salons which weren't too happy, so this is definitely great. So regardless of which facial I chose (even the cheapest one!), they are all the *genuine article*!

The prices for the facials are also fairly affordable. Say, for the same $60 facial treatment I have in the surburb, it would cost at least $100 in the Sydney city area! (which is only 15 minutes by train!). For Malaysians, try not to convert the price. If you're working here, the prices here are not too bad.

There was not much hard-sale, thankfully. And also none of the "this promotion only lasts whilst you are at the shop, and expires once you leave the shop" business. Thankfully. I really think I might have just found my affordable Sothys salon here after all!

Operation Hours:
Open 7 Days
Monday- Saturday 9:00- 17:30
Thursday 9:00- 21:00
Sunday 9:30-17:00

Shop 53, Level 4 Ashfield Mall
260A Liverpool Road, Ashfield
Tel: (02) 9798 3828

Comments

Unknown said…
Kudos to the author for making such an excellent blog. It will certainly help many others. Thanks for the post, it’s informative and enlightening. Keep up the good work.
beauty spa san diego

Popular Posts