Steaming Food

So I recently discovered the use of a steamer.

I normally heat up the frozen 'char siu bau' I have for breakfast in the microwave. That is, until early this week when my housemate asked me to use the steamer to heat up the 'kai pau'.

Granted, the microwave takes only 1.5 minutes to do the job, and the steamer about 15-20 minutes.

But the alluring pull of the steamer is that the buns will come out hot, and 'fluffy'. Fluffy from absorbing the steam.

That really piqued my interest.

Granted, really. Now I have to put out the buns into the steamer the first thing in the morning after I wake up, and it should be ready by the time I have washed up, and put on my work attire.

Hmm... this has actually piqued my interest to try out other frozen foods from the market. Like today,but I decided to buy frozen 'siu mai', since what the heck, we have a steamer at home neways.

Perhaps I should check out other steaming food recipes, in particular chinese cuisine pertaining to winter.

It's much healthier than deep frying any time soon.

Sent from my Nokia phone

Comments

Popular Posts