Breakfast Like a King

So it's close to that time of the year. I'm in the midst of preparing to be one of two bridesmaids at a close friend's wedding in Kuala Lumpur in the first week of December.

That means I have about ten weeks from now to prepare.

One of the things I truly dislike about winter is that people tend to put on excess baggage. It's not something we can avoid as the cold weather makes people naturally eat more and put on more clothing to withstand the cold.

It's not that bad here in Sydney as in South Korea, but winter is still winter nonetheless.

So I'm thinking to go on a weight watch in the next ten weeks to lose the needed kilos to be able to fit that lovely bridesmaid dress, and also that reception dinner dress.

I was initially thinking of following the Tony Ferguson diet, but then I read the Reverse Diet, which actually makes more sense to me. Well, the Reverse Diet isn't a new thing, but it's better than the other diet of breaking up three meals into 5 or 6 small different meals helps the body to digest the food. Which is not practical for me. 

However, eating in Reverse i.e the adage, 'Breakfast Like a King, Lunch Like a Prince, and Dinner Like a Pauper' sounds more welcoming to me.

As for following Tony Ferguson's diet, I could use some of their products for my benefit. They do have some products which contains all the minerals and less calories yet tastes great, as well as will assist in weight loss, but I would not recommend Tony Ferguson for people in Malaysia, as the products cost a lot (in Australian dollars).

It costs more than what Malaysians would generally pay for their meals, but similar to what Aussies would pay for a meal outside, so that does not make that much of a difference.

Anyways, to start off, I would go on having a hearty breakfast with healthy low G.I foods to kickstart the ball rolling. As much as I love bacon and roll, they are just too difficult to make for breakfast and involves too much time cleaning up (which seriously defeats the point).

Some ideas for a low G.I healthy breakfast which I have taken from includes:
  • wholegrain cereal with fruit and yoghurt & green tea
  • wholegrain bread with a boiled or poached egg
  • an omelet with a bran muffin and fresh juice
  • wholegrain toast with natural nut butters
  • an English muffin topped with lean ham and fresh juice
  • wholegrain toast with fresh fruit
  • hot cereal such as oatmeal is high in fibre and low in sugar 

Most of these foods are easily available from Coles, or Woolworths supermarket. My goal is to lose maximum ten kilos in the next ten weeks. Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular Posts